Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Paintings finished and paintings in the making- busy times

I Woke up to find this lovely spot of sunlight and I just had to see how these little fellows would look there!

And yes! Another painting has left the 'process' room- Many more green, or greenish, or blue-green, or yellow-green, or purple ( yellow-greens' compliment color you see) paintings on the go. Some I have picked up from where I left them last year. I was still fond of them but not enough. It was so hard to 'sacrifice' paintings that had so many 'clever' bits and pieces in them.... So, I had to come up with some rules for my studio work. They are ten and they will be put up on my wall to always remind me. Sometimes I discover something, I have a moment of truth! a revelation directly from the fountain of wisdom it seems (hmmm), I rejoice , but you know what? A little while later, I forget it! And then time goes by, until suddenly I rediscover it! Oh ! so not productive... No, up on the wall go the ten studio rules.


And I will be showing you tomorrow- I am on the run now.
But do please take a look at Bibbi Forsman's
ceramic wall . It's a sight to see, she is very inventive with her shapes and patterns.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing the rules. Are they made to be broken???

littlelovelies said...

Wow what a lovely space - off to check out the rest of your sweet blog!

p.s. I am hosting a sponsored giveaway for a beautiful handcarved stamp - you can enter here.

x nadine
little lovelies

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you for dropping by,and saying sweet things! and yes rules are always meant to be broken... that's why we have them!