Rules of my studio
1. Every painting doesn't have to be perfect
2. Paint good- paint bad- just paint!
3. Look for the bones (the composition)- Stick with the bones
4. Know yourself , you don't have to do it all...
5. Keep not what is 'clever' but what contributes to the whole (beware of ' cleverisms')
6. Love your brushes- wash them thoroughly
7. Simplify, then simplify some more...
8. You really don't have to say it all in just one painting
9. All mistakes can be turned into opportunities
10. Remember, this is just another painting in your painting journey.
Make some notes, take some photos, enjoy what is there to enjoy and move on....
So what do you think? Can you think of some more?
11. Janelle's rule: stop before you ruin it silly!
12. Christina added: remember you are your harshest critic...
Thanks Christina !