Sunday, August 1, 2010

Yes. I am still here. Yes, I know this looks different!... Right about when I last posted here I had this really strong urge to pick up my brushes and just paint everything in my home. I felt my work was becoming very graphic and I missed the sensuous way in which an oil painter engages with their subject matter. I took a risk, I jumped in, I immersed myself in oil painting, which in the beginning was awkward
and strange and... totally gratifying , like eating big chocolate bars all day! I am painting the things that surround me at home...Yes, I know...it's perceptual, it's 'realism',oh my..., is this me? But , I have a voice in my head that says : 'Just Paint...(think later)' So that is what I am doing.
I hope you are all well and thoroughly enjoying the summer (or winter, as the case may be!)
Hugs-

11 comments:

Laura said...

ANNAMARIA! SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU:)))) BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!

Gloria Freshley said...

Yeah!!!! You are well!! And painting!! And the work is fabulous!! Have missesd your posts...So glad you're at it again...Gloria

kirsty said...

Go with the flow - the paintings are wonderful. Good to have you back!

ELK said...

happy to see you ...and your home from the tip of a brush ...blessings friend!

gretchenmist said...

it's great to see what you've been working on ~ it's definitely worth following your impulses!!
love this piece.

red-handed said...

So you're having fun ... good! These are really very warm.

annamaria said...

Thank you so much my friends! So happy for your encouraging comments!
Annamaria xx

kristine h said...

Hooray! Glad you are well. THANK YOU for sharing!!

Kylie said...

YAH!!! Annamaria - you're back!!! So very lovely to see you here again :)) I LOVE your new works in oils! I think you should always go with the flow and look at the divine results :) Kxx

Francesca said...

just paint, think later is exactly the way art should be. these home still lives will be lovely to look back on. x

ArtSparker said...

Gorgeous work