Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 31-First morning of spring-

 
Day 31- First morning of spring-
watercolor 8,5 x 11 inches
 
I think what I need right now is more rules- yeap- I know it's a wild thought...but there you have it. So for the next month I have decided to paint only around this one window. We might be moving, so that gives me a good reason to want to paint this as much as I can. This view is rather special. I am also restricting my palette, down to two or  three colors, plus black. And I am not sure if you can tell but this one has been drawn with a brush before it was painted. Until now I was just painting with no drawing, this stylizes everything more but I love the confidence it gives me to paint after I have settled with the composition (instead of filling my recycling bin with stuff gone messy)
 
Hugs-
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Carole Reid said...

Well, Annamaria, it worked beautifully! Quite different lighting from the previous view.

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you Carole;-)