using gouache and prismacolor pencils ...I don't know what I ever did before I discovered gouache- after using watercolor and acrylic for a number of years , and recently oils, I am so happy to be able to:
1. keep my brushes intact
2. work slowly and create soft transitions
3. but also see the work dry fast enough to be scanned
3. cover any mistakes!!!!woohoo!
4. work in creamy layers
5. have no fumes, or irritating smells to worry about
6. Not having to wear those horrible plastic gloves that make my palms sweat
7. work on the smoothest paper imaginable- woohooo!
8. work small in a small studio (phew)
9. being able to clean up everything in a ziffy
10. paint creamy, lush, soft layers
oh joy, oh joy, oh joy!
Have a lovely weekend!