Sunday, March 14, 2010

To rest on a Sunday-

A day to rest and be silly.


So we took photos in the car-

Then we had some light but very civilized lunch- (we were afterall browsing through the NYTimes magazine...)we were just a tiny transported elsewhere...- what are Sundays for anyway?)


These days I have also been thinking about Ancient Egyptian art and how the human figure was constructed within all these elaborate rules so that it was absolutely certain everyone knew beyond doubt what was communicated. In contrast, now we can 'read' human figure with so much less... and yet there is something 'egyptian' in the air- or is it my crazy idea? Anyway, I was also thinking about David Hockney and how he has had this great and obvious interest in the 'Egyptian' figure and then suddenly yesterday I watched this video about Nancy Spero and of course there is an even greater Egytpian influence there-

Hugs-



6 comments:

Hazel Terry said...

Ahh Sundays! More and more I want it to be Sunday, such a great day of the week,I never seem to get that much done, but it is always done with great happiness and satisfaction.

Iris Schwarz / Paulette Edition said...

So good to be silly on a Sunday… but now it's Monday again … and snowing – can you believe it! But they promised spring on Wednesday…!
Thanks so much Annamaria for your inputs about different artist, always very inspiring! Have a good start this week… following the process about your show…!

Kylie said...

What absolutely wonderful photos! So gorgeous and I love your meandering thoughts about the influence of Ancient Eygpt. How I wish we could sit back with the NY Times on a Sunday here :) Glad you had a great day. Kx

ELK said...

you two are quite a pair .lovely!

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you all, I am hoping you are having a lovely start to the week!
Annamaria :)

our little love nest said...

You two are just beautiful. I love these photos! xo