I had promised to show you the installation and Elli(my daughter who is still in Greece right now), reminded me I have not done so yet!
The installation was really the core of the show , it was all about what I had learned from the whole year's 'small blessings' project.
I used the *pencil* (which really can be seen as the smallest blessing around!), to allude to both writing and drawing, that I used to redirect my own life and rethink my own story.
In the middle of the wall I placed an older painting that I painted over with plain black, then turned it around , drew images on the back of the canvas and then cut them out(liberated them...). I wanted to take my 'thoughts' and 'memories' and remove them from 'one context' and let 'them' find new associations and 'homes'.
The final drawings were loosely sewn together as they were really pointing to experimentation and looking for a new approach to things, and a time of 'process' rather than anything finalised . I wanted them to be more 'fluid' and 'brainstorming' -like , which is where I feel I am right now. I think it makes a lot of sense that I went straight into the 'reaching out' project; it is the natural child of this installation which was the last thing I put together for the show.
One more thing, or rather seven more things, as the lovely Alexandra tagged me!
1. I love the colour pink with great intensity...
2. when I was around eight I dreamt of having a whole room of dresses but I grew up to be a very sloppy dresser, and I don't know why, and I hate it...
3. I very secretly love clothes, love fashion, I think fashion designers are
showering gifts to the world...
4. I love handbags with an even greater passion...
5. but I have the hardest time finding shoes that make my feet happy. I would rather wear boots all year long!
6. My (very generous) daughter, Rea, took me for a full hour-long massage........as a birthday present recently...
She had one too next to me and at the end she said, 'mommy thank you for not moaning...'
which is so very funny!!!! But I will tell you I did alot of 'inner moaning' because it was all sooooo wonderful!!!!
7 . I am passing this on to Gloria.
(but if you leave a comment consider yourself tagged as well!)