Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The watercolors-

At home. This is the first watercolor I made where I pushed beyond all the 'rules' I had learned about watercolor.
Then I tried my 'new' approach at the studio while working with models.

I was happy here, the skin has a glow which was exactly what I wanted to get to...


Another year of armchair vacations for us! So what? I am still doing what I love doing best, best, best...Anyway, lots of trial and error going on. I used too much of the umber-sienna family here but it still has a quality of space that makes me smile.
And sweet friends, thank you so much for your enthusiasm and warm encouragement...It means the world!
Hugs-



5 comments:

Kylie said...

I love what you're doing, Annamaria. I would never have thought they were watercolours... what is this technique? It has such a oil pastel quality to it I think. Very very interesting :)) So very glad you are back! Kx

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you Kylie- It's fun, I just layer lots and lots of watercolor-
Annamaria xx

Francesca said...

love the nude, beautiful. x

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see you back again and really enjoying your new work. Claire x

Sophie Munns said...

How wonderful to see what you've been doing with watercolour... actually very impressive AnnaMaria!
Sophie