Thursday, March 10, 2011

A quiet thing, on a windy day-

In acrylics-

In watercolor-
Quiet in the studio, while there is a wind warning-
What should we have for dinner tonight?

When I was a little girl in school, I loved  English lessons.
Early on I announced to the teachers that I already knew how to
speak the language (because my older brother did, and since he did I did too, even if I didn't, because I didn't care if I didn't,...I did ), so to my mother's surprise, I was placed in an advanced class (and of course I did really badly, but stuck it out...)The thing was that I loved the pictures in the text books. The children always looked so happy, and everyone seemed to have purpose, and reason, and good will. I wanted That.

Hugs-

7 comments:

kirsty said...

My favourite water-colour so far! Really enjoying these x

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you Kirsty- lovely to hear!

Kylie said...

That's so sweet! What a great story :) Your paintings, as always, fill me with joy, Annamaria... just beautiful :) Kx

K R I S T I I N A said...

Gosh Annamaria. love your work!!! It is a challenging project but yet a very healsome one. It is great to see how you´re coping with this one...see the development of your work. really enjoying every bit of it so far!!!! keep up the good work in the studio.

belinda marshall said...

i've been loving your studies, sorry about my lack of time to pop in more often and say so!
so interesting to see them in watercolour and acrylics.
xx

red-handed said...

That top one should be your new banner. The colour is perfect.

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you all for your sweet words!!XX