Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Drawing at Maplewood farm-





































After drawing at the pond (I haven't finished there), I had a longing for more drawing of animals, and took my pencils, plus camera, to Maplewood farm, a small model farm for kids (and adult kids) to visit . I have to say, I feel revived. Why do we stop doing the things we love because we 'must' this, and we 'must' that? bother! I think I take myself too seriously, and that is the root of many ills. I just want to have a blast painting and drawing. Did I say that?
Yes. And throw in some garlicky tzatziki for good measure.( Do you add vinegar to your tzatziki? It's just not quite there without it...)

hugs-

9 comments:

Carole Reid said...

What fun! Have some more, dear Annamaria!

Saucy Siciliana said...

What lovely animals, a gorgeous place! I am a new follower from Rome.

renilde said...

Don't they look so proud and elegant all these beautiful animals, have a blast dear Annamaria!

i do add lemon juice to tzatziki plus some dill, a little dried mint and some olive oil, bon appetit, x

Jane O Sullivan said...

good woman annamaria , drawing will really ground you , earth you , your family and you are stunning , like models all of you and so healthy , loved looking at your photos
jane x

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you my sweet friends for all your kind comments;)

K R I S T I I N A said...

how fun!!!

erleichda said...

Αγαπημένη μου Άννα Μαρία,

please please paint and draw. It's who you are!
...
and no I have never used vinegar in my tzatziki!!!
( I'll try it )

enjoy the weekend xoxo

Kim Baise said...

What a beautiful farm! I especially love the goat and the chicken on the bench:)I agree, my favorite coffeee cup that I drink from every morning says: 'Success is Doing what you Love' so follow your heart and have a blast!! I love your works, you know. and i don't know what tzatziki is so i will google now!

Hazel Terry said...

What a perfect goat, looks like a great place to draw.