Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 3- Looking out to the grey sea

Day 3- Looking out to the grey sea
4 x 6 inches, watercolor and gouache on Arches paper
 
Last year I hardly did any drawing, I would just start painting directly, but these days I realized that  I was missing it. Furthermore, there are so many instances that I want to paint something but my camera just won't do justice to the light so I can't paint from photographs, and there are other times I just want to capture something right there and then but I can't move around my gear to that spot. So I have decided to draw on the spot and paint in the studio. One more thing, drawing feels like the 'bones' are there again, there is something under the painting to hold it all together. It might be just an illusion but it feels right and I will go with it. Funnily enough, drawing also allows for more experimentation.
Anyway, there will be drawing.
 
 

No comments: