Thursday, October 30, 2014

Day 49- The making of olive oil- A tale from the island of Zakynthos

At the olive grove, 1-
markers and oil sticks on paper

At the olive grove , 2-
markers on paper

At the olive grove, 3-
markers and oil sticks on paper

At the olive grove, 4 - Lunch (First day: lentil soup, homemade bread, homemade cheese, homemade wine! Second day: pasta Bolognese, homemade bread, homemade cheese, homemade wine - words fail me!!)
markers on paper
 

At the olive grove, 5
markers on paper
 

At the olive press-1
markers on paper

At the olive press-2
markers on paper
 
I couldn't draw the final phase , when the oil came pouring out of the last
machine, because I was too busy dipping my bread in to get the first taste!

8 comments:

Kate Fernyhough said...

wow! a really wonderful group of drawings, will you turn some into paintings?

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you Kate. I am considering making a small series of paintings. I have a few more drawings too and I think I should take the challenge.

Debbie Nolan said...

Loved seeing this series of sketches. They are wonderful. What a great way to spend some time enjoying a great process. Hope you will have a super week-end.

Carole Reid said...

LOVE these sketches and the story. So much to see and enjoy in each one. I like the idea of making a series, Annamaria. xo Carole

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you Carole. I loved having the opportunity to make these drawings. It was really exciting to draw the whole process, and be able to experiment. xxoo

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you Debbie. I had written this before a few days as well but now I see it was never published. The mysterious things of blogger! :-)

Kathleen Maunder said...

It's so interesting to see you continually exploring new ideas, Annamaria. I admire your creative spirit.

Now can we talk about the food?

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you Kathleen, but I am afraid I can't talk about the food, I am eating too much, it's all too delicious!
:-))