Today's work from the life drawing session. I tore three to get there. I really would have rather been at the beach today....really...but as a 'good' artist , I stuck it out and was finally rewarded with this little one...
I need some grownding this Friday evening so there I go again: I am grateful for:
1. recognising Lucy's shyness and embracing it. I was probably just as shy, I still am, even though you would probably never know it if you met me -I remember being six at a ballet rehearsal and how the whole world went blurry and I felt I had no anchor...- Lucy has either hid away, or cried out of any public performance until this year where she did some dancing with her class, but only from the very last row... When she goes to school (with all the same kids since pre-school) she still pauses at the door and its obvious she feels awkward at joining in. Its odd, is it genetic? I have no idea. But this is what she is like. And we can live with it. She is not the 'perfect' child but she is 'perfect' anyway, if you know what I mean.
2. So , to be grateful for the perfection of imperfection.
3. On a more 'business' note, I will be meeting some of the Etsy admins. on Tuesday. Is anyone else from this part of the world going? I am terribly excited about this!
4. I am participating in this art-fair on Sunday. Talk about shyness...I am so nervous about it...
No worries, Lucy will be with me to hold my hand!!
5.I have sort of controlled my new printer and I am happy with the results. My brain is buzzing with ideas to try out...
6.Everyday I visit the blogging world I learn tons of new things...What an amazing thing is that!!
7. I had been writing for quite some time in absolute silence- I thought I was jumping into the void, when I started blogging, nobody I knew really knew about it, I wanted to see what was in the void...And all your lovely voices started coming in through the silence and it is the most delicious thing...The void is actually buzzing with creativity and beauty...Thank you!