I want to tell you what I learned on the opening reception of the show(last night):
- I have an amazing husband and a terrific family. Rea and Dimitri came along with their friends who are really, really fun and lovely people. They stayed for almost the whole time, and had some very intelligent and interesting things to say about the work. I was so moved!
- I have some awesome friends! Eventhough we have been in Vancouver for five years, I am such a lucky girl to have made such incredible friendships with supportive, enthusiastic , and exciting people!
- I have enjoyed tremendously working within one single project for a year and it has proved to be a great learning tool. I don't think I want to live without a specific project ever again! I loved the discipline, the boundaries, the constant revisiting of a single concept, it forced me to change perspectives and make new discoveries.
- I need to get out and meet people, visit galleries more often. I hardly ever step into galleries so why should they bother with me!
- I can't hide behind my natural shyness, its something I have to 'tame'!
-I have to make some changes in my own routines, because this work-drop-work-drop- thing can't go on.
-I need to be more disciplined with my food/coffee habbits because I seem to have very little energy lately. Maybe I should detox someway or other.
- I was dissappointed my advertising of the show didn't bring in more 'new' people. Let's face it my marketing skills suck! This is something that needs urgent attending to!
-All in all I am happy with the body of work itself.
- I do wish I could have been a little more 'contained'- I tend to jump here and there and everywhere, and my work lacks the desired 'consistency'. That's because my boundaries as a person are supremely 'elastic' and I need to hold myself under a very tight leash or else...!
That still requires lots of work-
And actually some more playtime too please!
And more blogging!!!