Thursday, March 10, 2011

A quiet thing, on a windy day-

In acrylics-

In watercolor-
Quiet in the studio, while there is a wind warning-
What should we have for dinner tonight?

When I was a little girl in school, I loved  English lessons.
Early on I announced to the teachers that I already knew how to
speak the language (because my older brother did, and since he did I did too, even if I didn't, because I didn't care if I didn't,...I did ), so to my mother's surprise, I was placed in an advanced class (and of course I did really badly, but stuck it out...)The thing was that I loved the pictures in the text books. The children always looked so happy, and everyone seemed to have purpose, and reason, and good will. I wanted That.

Hugs-

7 comments:

kirsty said...

My favourite water-colour so far! Really enjoying these x

annamaria said...

Thank you Kirsty- lovely to hear!

Kylie said...

That's so sweet! What a great story :) Your paintings, as always, fill me with joy, Annamaria... just beautiful :) Kx

Kristiina said...

Gosh Annamaria. love your work!!! It is a challenging project but yet a very healsome one. It is great to see how you´re coping with this one...see the development of your work. really enjoying every bit of it so far!!!! keep up the good work in the studio.

gretchenmist . . . {belinda} said...

i've been loving your studies, sorry about my lack of time to pop in more often and say so!
so interesting to see them in watercolour and acrylics.
xx

red-handed said...

That top one should be your new banner. The colour is perfect.

annamaria said...

Thank you all for your sweet words!!XX