Monday, May 7, 2012

Press start-

                                         no rush,  watercolor and pencil, 8x8 inches

                                          yesterday morning, watercolor and pencil, 8 x 8 inches

                                          resting in the sunlight,watercolor and pencil, 8x8 inches

Once more. Trying to get back here and share these days.
Things ending, things beginning, we are not really 'here' anymore, but not 'there' yet.
We don't even know where 'there' will be. We are suspended, waiting for everything to unfold.
(Not a comfortable place if you are enamoured with control ...)
So my watercolors had to embrace this 'not knowing', through diving once more into this
territory of memory and abstraction that in all truth scares me as much as it fascinates me.
But this time I am not pushing 'replay' on old stories, this is the memory of now.

Thank you for your sweet messages. They mean so much.

Hugs.

14 comments:

Carole Reid said...

These watercolours are lovely. I'm glad you are able to make art while going through this time in your life. I hope your fascinations wins over your fears. xo

Ariane Reichardt said...

Dear Annamaria,
I adore your abstraction in your watercolours.
You show me with them a colourful 'both... and' situation.
Thank you!

x Ariane.

Kim Baise said...

I LOVE LOVE your watercolors. You are so right on! Maybe it's these uncertain/uncomfortable times that push forth the BEST in your art.
The watercolor that I have of yours hangs in my kitchen and I admire it everyday <3
Your work is fantastic!

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you Carole. I am working on the fears. Or maybe I should just focus on the fascinations and disregard the fears:)

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Hi Annamaria,

So happy to see you back here. Was thinking of you early this morning as I opened the blinds to let the beautiful light in. And yesterday, while I was admiring your small painting that continues to bring me happiness. These new pieces are surely some of my favorites to date! Hope the making of them brought you solace. Good luck with everything. Gloria

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you Ariane:) xx

annamaria potamiti said...

Oh Kim, thank you so much for all your kindness and enthusiasm:)XX

annamaria potamiti said...

Hi Gloria, you just made me all warm and woobly inside:) Thank you so much for the sweetness:)

belinda marshall said...

these are so good. hoping you can find a settled place soon ~ not much of a fan of the up in the air phases either! at least you can access your 'self' through abstraction xx

Kristen Donegan said...

beautiful as always Annamaria! and so nice to see!
Living "in between" is not a comfortable place I agree...but like most things the only real constant in life is change...your watercolors make me feel confident- so that must be in the mix somewhere :)

kristine h said...

Oh!!! So exciting to see these! So interesting and beautiful. They are like worlds with their own language. I can't wait to look at them again and again!! Thank you for sharing, and I hope you have enough of what you need to sustain you during your in between time.

annamaria potamiti said...

Belinda, Kristen and Kristine, thank you for coming by and leaving behind such sweet comments.Art, like happiness becomes real only when shared, right?:)

Kylie said...

I'm sorry to hear that your life is in a difficult place at the moment Annamaria. I hope you're okay?
These paintings are wonderful.. 'no rush' in particular is just breathtaking!
Kx

Francesca said...

absolutely love these, especially the first one. sometimes it's good not to know to much. and just be. x