Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer breeze on them-

Gouache, 6 x 6 inches

I opened the window of my studio this morning and this delicious, summer breeze came rushing through.
I think it actually 'hit' me, and I took a startled step back. We have had such grey, wet weather for such a long time, summer was quite forgotten. What other delights will suddenly appear on our doorstep, I wonder, maybe things we have given up on? Have you given up on some things? Have you resigned to living without what? What would you do if that something one bright morning appeared on your doorstep? Because, you know that is how it goes in life...Which is a delicious thought in itself...And now we can forget about it, so we will save ourselves the surprise:)

Hugs-

5 comments:

K R I S T I I N A said...

Nice words and yet very wise questions to ask oneself...thanks. I needed to sit down a moment and embrace...yes- life!
see ya more.
//Kristiina

annamaria potamiti said...

Hi Kristiina, thank you for coming by and writing your thoughts. xx

lisa solomon said...

it is amazing how life can continue to wonderfully surprise... thanks for the kind words about my book !

Paravent said...

What a wonderful thing to have happen Annamaria! So happy that you have some lovely days to balance the grey ones :) Kx

irinapictures said...

The summer is so short and so amazing, you feel it on the skin, see the colors, hear and breath in deeply. Wonderful time.
And wonderful painting.