Friday, May 29, 2009

I am running and busy and crazy and so overjoyed with this sunshine ...Yeaaaa the sunshine...let the sun shine in... isn't that how the song goes?

But I am also dying to share with you this terrific print by Mati Rose that I won a while ago at Dr. Brene Browns' site and it arrived yesterday, its soo lovely!!!! Thank you , you lovely women...I have to say there is nothing better than receiving a gift by mail. (some saintly types would say sending one but I am not that type...) And I have been quiet because I have been painting, and I took out my acrylics again- one more go- I am so delighted with the transparencies I can achieve with watercolor that I feel my acrylics are just pasty- but I will work on it- it just takes some discipline, hold that brush ,wait, wait ,wait, don't rush. Not rushing is so hard...
But I will show you these are little ones from the studio downtown.



I love this one 'my new red dress', I was so happy with the way the figure is there but not there, she has good volume but then she is all feathery light too.


This one was a different model, she looked so gentle, I thought of her as a little girl and I just wanted to paint that softness and that dreaminess.

That's when I came up with the idea of using : "artful daydreaming" as a phrase to describe my artwork in my Etsy shop. What do you think?

Have a great weekend!




No comments: