Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Illustration Friday-'cracked'

Just had to- I came across Penelope's blog( as one does in the blogging world) and today I just had to throw fear to the wind ... and just post this. And anyway, Penelope( who is an amazing illustrator and a darn good writer at that), is all about facing your fear monsters head on...


So talking about being inspired by good writing, I just finished 'A handmade life', and Molly has absolutely inspired me to add some new and terrible things to our kitchen life. I just had to microwave chocolate on a baguette last night- Molly is making me do wicked things- it was so bloody better than I thought it would be....

On a healthier note, she inspired this roasted tomatoes meal- I roasted them for six hours-yes, six hours, at 200. They were yummy, but next time I will add more olive oil. You know, having been raised in Greece and all, I need a swimming pool of olive oil... But my problem is with Molly's descriptions of breakfasts in France- to tell the truth we have eaten the best croissants ever in Belgium- does it matter?- I WANT ONE NOW- a very nice ,extra large croissant with butter-divine butter. You see, just because I was raised on olive oil doesn't make me prejudiced against butter- oh no, not me...



So this morning I dreamt of travelling- yes, actually taking a vacation, walking around a new city, preferably Paris( because of Molly), having breakfast all day, with intervals of drawing and visiting wonder-filled museums, maybe thinking a bit too...


Were you travelling for breakfast today?




No comments: